Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by David Leangen <dl...@canada.com> on 2004/09/15 04:04:24 UTC

Patch: LoaderUtils.java#isSnapshot(File)

This is my first post, so I'm not sure of the proper procedure for posting a
patch.

Please see attached file. I also supplied the test cases tested against the
updated method.

David Leangen

RE: Patch: LoaderUtils.java#isSnapshot(File)

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave!

Proper procedure for submitting patches is via a unified diff.  For
example on windows with svn installed you can do the following:

  $ svn diff LoaderUtils.java > LoaderUtils.txt

Then attach LoaderUtils.txt to a message to dev.  I'm not sure if svn
handles new files in a diff or not - I do know there are problems with
renamed files (but anyway - attaching complete new files is fine).

There is however a small problem with the patch - it's dependent on JDK
1.4 (the match operation on String is a recent addition and currently
the Avalon platform is 1.3 compliant).

Cheers, Steve.