Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/01 06:44:10 UTC

XML plan files not included in distributions

Is there a reason why we no longer ship the XML plan files in the
distributions? In the M5 release (when we were using modules/assembly)
we included them in the geronimo\doc\plan directory.

I haven't been able to find a JIRA for this, but seem to remember
someone discussing it recently.

John

Re: XML plan files not included in distributions

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 31, 2006, at 9:44 PM, John Sisson wrote:

> Is there a reason why we no longer ship the XML plan files in the
> distributions? In the M5 release (when we were using modules/
> assembly) we included them in the geronimo\doc\plan directory.
>
> I haven't been able to find a JIRA for this, but seem to remember
> someone discussing it recently.

It was a combination of an oversight and the idea that being able to
add gbeans using config.xml could replace the need to modify and
redeploy the plans we supply.  I think that we should distribute them
with the servers.

david jencks

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Sure, I'm fine with a disclaimer.  :)  I think the JSR-77 method to
get the plan may be a little generic, but then we can have a "dump
config" tool that will spit out XML to the command line or to a file
or whatever and that one would give you a little warning when you
invoke it.  It might also be possible to flag when the configurations
were modified so we could tell if the plan was accurate (modified =
deployed then accurate, modified > deployed then not accurate).

Thanks,
     Aaron

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I wouldn't really say it's "just for that".  The service modules are
effectively modules, and I lean toward eexposing them in the same way
as any other module.  If we had Spring or ServiceMix modules or
whatever I'd think we should expose those in the same way.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: EJB Server Portlet / OpenEJB Stats

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

wrote:

> I can help you with the portlet side of this; the
> trick is going to be
> getting the statistics out of OpenEJB.  Once we
> figure that out, we
> can create an API around it and call that from the
> portlet.  The best
> way to go would be to create JSR-77 objects for the
> EJBs, and then
> give them JSR-77 statistics objects.
  There was
> recently talk of
> creating JSR-77 wrappers for Tomcat servlets I
> think, so if you can
> look into what was done there, maybe it will
> translate well to
> wrapping EJBs in OpenEJB...
     EJB (jsr-77) object should already be there.
Could an EJB expert please confirm (deny) that? G-1293
has patches attached for the Stats part. You can use
that as a starting point.

Thnaks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com