Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/10/10 09:33:35 UTC

Itemising tax on POS receipts

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out how to display tax-inclusive prices on receipts
generated by the POS application.

The standard receipt template works fine for showing the tax-exclusive
price (basePrice) of the order items, the total sales tax for the order,
and the grand total, but I'm having a bit of a hard time working out how
to show tax-inclusive prices for individual line items.

I'm guessing I need to modify PosTransaction.java in the the POS
application to add something like "itemTax" to the itemInfo HashMap, and
would then be able to reference this new tag in the receipt template.
The general gist would be to do something like:

    itemInfo.put("itemTax",
UtilFormatOut.formatPrice(item.someFunctionToCallToCalcItemTax());

but it isn't clear what fn to call to calculate the item tax. This ought
to be trivial but I'm not familiar enough with the API....

Any tips?

Cheers, Iain

Re: Itemising tax on POS receipts

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Jacques,

Merci!

It seemed that while all the info I need is in the cart, the SVN POS
simply wasn't revealing all. This is fine outside a VAT/GST environment
I suspect, but in my case I need to store all my product data ex-GST so
I can leverage all the VAT code to make sure my government gets its
share of my sales :-( However, I need to do things like print receipts
with GST-inclusive prices.

The nett effect is that I made a couple of small mods to the POS
application to allow access to the sales tax adjustments that are buried
in the cart's ship groups. I then exposed this info to the POS receipt
printing routines and voila.

I'll try to post a JIRA and a patch soon, but I have a hard deadline for
a shop opening next month and I gotta focus on that :-)

Cheers, Iain

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Iain,