Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jerzy Kut <je...@rzeszow.tiger.com.pl> on 2002/03/01 10:45:31 UTC

problem with installation

Hi! I am newbie in SOAP.
I install SOAP on linux RedHat 6.2 with Tomcat 4.0.2 as user (no root) in
directory /home/my/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/webapps by simple copying soap.war
file into. After insert some code:

SOAP=$HOME/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/webapps/soap
CLASSPATH=$HOME/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/common/lib/mail.jar:$CLASSPATH
CLASSPATH=$HOME/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/common/lib/activation.jar:$CLASSPATH
CLASSPATH=$HOME/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/common/lib/xerces.jar:$CLASSPATH
CLASSPATH=$SOAP/WEB-INF/classes:$CLASSPATH
export CLASSPATH

into my ~/.bash_profile and logout/login to system and tomcat restart

http://host:8080/soap

with the browser works fine.

[my@host my]$ java org.apache.soap.servlet.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

works fine too. It shows:

Deployed services:

and no more. Okay, but

[my@host my]$ java org.apache.soap.servlet.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/messagerouter list

throws

Ouch, the call failed:
Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
Fault String = Exception while handling service request:
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.list(org.apache.soap.Envelope,org.apac
he.soap.rpc.SOAPContext,org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext) -- no signature
match

Problem is when I try to test

http://host:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

or

http://10.0.0.100:8080/soap/servlet/messagerouter

I get

SOAP RPC Router
Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.

or

SOAP Message Router
Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.

What is the problem? And where?
Sorry for lame question, but when I read list archive usual sittuation is
opposite: shell calling not works, but browser calling works fine :))

Best regards
Jerzy Kut