Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2006/04/19 20:49:43 UTC

Migrate parts of a repository

Is there a way to migrate specific folders from one repository to another,
including history on them?  I understand the difficulties involved based on
subverion design.  Just wondering if there's something out there like this.

We have a repository that was created some time back.  I was then told we
had to stick with VSS, although I used the repository for some things.  Now
we can move to subversion, but since much of the code is dead as of when it
was created way back when, I figured if I could I'd like to just move over
the "other" stuff and start from there.  Probably more trouble than its
worth, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Migrate parts of a repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 19, 2006, at 22:49, Kevin Galligan wrote:

> Is there a way to migrate specific folders from one repository to
> another, including history on them?

Yes, read about:

svnadmin dump
svndumpfilter