Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/06 21:21:55 UTC

RE: JDBC Realm error on startup

> I am getting the following error on startup of Tomcat:
>
> 2001-07-06 02:49:01 - ContextManager: JDBCRealm: Starting
> JDBCRealm, trying
> to acquire JDBC Driver class and DB Connection

You need your libraries in TOMCAT_HOME/lib to be able to make
the connection.  Although JDBCRealm has been mentioned to work
like "magic" in that it does all the work for you, you still have
to have some library for communicating with the appropriate DB.

> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle
> java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key
> jdbcRealm.checkConnectionSQLException

These are from the LocalString.properties files.  If you open
webserver.jar you will find several properties files.  The one in
org.apache.tomcat.request is the one this property should be in(the
package which contains JDBCRealm).

My copy does not have a key for jdbcRealm.checkConnectionSQLException.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com