Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/02/23 11:00:07 UTC

tomcat certificate

hello,

I'm a new user of tomcat.
Can tomcat authenticate a user with a certifcate ?

Thanks,
Secam

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

RE: tomcat certificate

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
This is not correct. Tomcat does support CLIENT-CERT authentication
'out-of-the-box'. When combined with appropriate authorisation constraints in
web.xml you can limit access to specific URLs.

I have this working quite happily.

Mark

Re: tomcat certificate

> I've got an external server that authentificate user and deliver a
certicate with the trio User/Group/Role.

> In fact, i just want that the certificate give information of the user to
tomcat in order to permit the access to some specifics url.

> Is it possible?
>
> Regard's
>
> Secam
>
> Rommel Sharma <ro...@mahindrabt.com> wrote:
> If you mean two way authentication using SSL, then you have to write the
> code that reads clients certificate and matches it with one present in
> client keystore on the server. You enable client authentication in
> server.xml for this and specify the serverkeystore and password in it.
> Regards,
> Rommel Sharma.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Re: tomcat certificate

> Can tomcat authenticate a user with a certifcate ?
>
> Thanks,
> Secam
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Re: tomcat certificate

> Can tomcat authenticate a user with a certifcate ?
>
> Thanks,
> Secam

> Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.