Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/28 18:13:25 UTC

Camel 3.20.1 Release

Hi

I think it would be a good idea to cut a new patch release in January as
3.20.0 has a performance impact and some other related fixes done.

For example

To avoid this users of 3.20.0 can exclude camel-console JAR that in some
situations mistakenly is included out of the box.

This has been corrected via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18847 so that is no longer the
case.

Also I have fixed/improved some unnecessary object allocation that are not
needed, only when using camel-tracing/camel-opentelemtry.

We have also upgraded to Spring Boot 2.7.7 that was recently released.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Followed the perf issue and i think we need a new release soon

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 9:38 AM Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Would be cool if anyone could at least acknowledge some of the things I
> reported in my vote on 4.20.0.
> Or are such thorough release checks not expected or desired?
>
> It’s usually a lot of work to do such checks … so if they are not wanted,
> I’ll just stop doing them ;-)

Thanks for the review in the 3.20.0 release.
This thread is about a patch release (3.20.1) so we want to release it
as-is.

For the next 3.21 / 4.0 releases, then we have time to look into your
findings.
To not forget I have created a JIRA

> Chris
>

> From: Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday, 28. December 2022 at 19:13
> To: dev <de...@camel.apache.org>
> Subject: Camel 3.20.1 Release
> Hi
>
> I think it would be a good idea to cut a new patch release in January as
> 3.20.0 has a performance impact and some other related fixes done.
>
> For example
>
> To avoid this users of 3.20.0 can exclude camel-console JAR that in some
> situations mistakenly is included out of the box.
>
> This has been corrected via
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18847 so that is no longer the
> case.
>
> Also I have fixed/improved some unnecessary object allocation that are not
> needed, only when using camel-tracing/camel-opentelemtry.
>
> We have also upgraded to Spring Boot 2.7.7 that was recently released.
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
@davsclaus

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Jeremy Ross <je...@gmail.com>.
Agree on a quick release. I suspect there are many of us who already have
3.20.0 in production.

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
The 3.20.1 release branches are created now. You can proceed to commit
to camel*-3.20.x.

Thanks,
Gregor

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregor

wrote:

> This sounds like we should get a release out very soon. Does it make
> sense to start cutting an RC now?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be a good idea to cut a new patch release in January as
> > 3.20.0 has a performance impact and some other related fixes done.
> >
> > For example
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18844
> >
> > To avoid this users of 3.20.0 can exclude camel-console JAR that in some
> > situations mistakenly is included out of the box.
> >
> > This has been corrected via
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18847 so that is no longer
> the
> > case.
> >
> > Also I have fixed/improved some unnecessary object allocation that are
> not
> > needed, only when using camel-tracing/camel-opentelemtry.
> >
> > We have also upgraded to Spring Boot 2.7.7 that was recently released.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
@davsclaus

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I had to fix some EIP model issues that was a bit tricky with code
generated XML/YAML parsers and the classic spring XML via JAXB.
That work is done. The remainder is the camel-karaf ticket.
And there is also a fhir dataformat issue in the model I need to look at
laster as well.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 8:09 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it would be good to get this done as well
>
> It's not good that Camel has different default values for kafka than kafka
> has itself.
> We can take time tomorrow to get this done, so a release can be built
> afterwards.
>

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 2:13 PM Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>
> wrote:
>
>> This sounds like we should get a release out very soon. Does it make
>> sense to start cutting an RC now?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gregor
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I think it would be a good idea to cut a new patch release in January as
>> > 3.20.0 has a performance impact and some other related fixes done.
>> >
>> > For example
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18844
>> >
>> > To avoid this users of 3.20.0 can exclude camel-console JAR that in some
>> > situations mistakenly is included out of the box.
>> >
>> > This has been corrected via
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18847 so that is no longer
>> the
>> > case.
>> >
>> > Also I have fixed/improved some unnecessary object allocation that are
>> not
>> > needed, only when using camel-tracing/camel-opentelemtry.
>> >
>> > We have also upgraded to Spring Boot 2.7.7 that was recently released.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Claus Ibsen
>> > -----------------
>> > @davsclaus
>> > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
@davsclaus

Re: Camel 3.20.1 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

wrote:

> This sounds like we should get a release out very soon. Does it make
> sense to start cutting an RC now?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 7:13 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think it would be a good idea to cut a new patch release in January as
> > 3.20.0 has a performance impact and some other related fixes done.
> >
> > For example
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18844
> >
> > To avoid this users of 3.20.0 can exclude camel-console JAR that in some
> > situations mistakenly is included out of the box.
> >
> > This has been corrected via
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-18847 so that is no longer
> the
> > case.
> >
> > Also I have fixed/improved some unnecessary object allocation that are
> not
> > needed, only when using camel-tracing/camel-opentelemtry.
> >
> > We have also upgraded to Spring Boot 2.7.7 that was recently released.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen