Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com> on 2020/01/09 13:27:19 UTC

Re: Help for importing large data (approx. 8GB) from old solr version to new solr version

Hi Ken,

I also recommend at least reading if not following "Taking Solr to
Production":
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/taking-solr-to-production.html.

Following this cleared my doubts regarding upgradation and core referencing
while made upgradation very easy and fast.

While starting Solr, you can also define Solr Home (where your older core
lives) by using -s option.

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 at 21:44, David Hastings <dh...@wshein.com> wrote:

> Exactly. Although I’m a bit curious why your going a .1 version up, I
> always wait until an x2, so I won’t be upgrading until 9.3
>
> > On Dec 25, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Should work. At any rate, just try it. Since all you’re doing is
> copying data, even if the new installation doesn’t work you still have the
> original.
> >
> >> On Dec 25, 2019, at 1:35 AM, Ken Walker <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello Erick,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your reply!
> >>
> >> You mean that, we should follow below steps right?
> >> Here is the data directory path :
> >> solr/solr-8.2.0/server/solr/product/item_core/data
> >>
> >> STEPS :-
> >> 1. Stop old solr-8.2.0 server
> >> 2. Copy data directory (from old solr version to new solr version)
> >> copy solr/solr-8.2.1/server/solr/product/item_core/data to
> >> solr/solr-8.3.1/server/solr/product/item_core/data
> >> 3. Start new solr version solr-8.3.1
> >>
> >> Is it correct way to copy just index only from old to new solr version?
> >> Is it lose any data or anything break in new solr version ?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance!
> >> -Ken

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--