Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/05 00:26:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.2.1

Dear jUDDI enthusiasts,

The new release is here! We are long overdue. This release is primarily bug
fixes however there's a number of new featuresJust check out the release
notes below!

Here’s are some highlights for this version 3.2.1

   -

   More TCK Tests were added and refactored

   -

   juddi-gui, numerous enhancements, service editor was redesigned to help
   make binding editing easier and simpler, more i18n work and security fixes

   -

   DDL files are now generated at build time. No more manual updates

With this release have have two distros, a juddi and a uddi-client. The
juddi-distro has the server, client and gui, the uddi-client-distro has the
client, the gui and our TCK. Both distros are staged here:

http://people.apache.org/~kstam/releases/juddi-3.2.1/

The release artifacts are staged in nexus:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuddi-1003

and we have a tag at

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi.git/?p=juddi.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/juddi-3.2.1

and finally our new website is staged at:

http://juddi.staging.apache.org/

Please give it a spin and cast your vote. This vote will be open for the
next 72 hours per the release policy, which is:
- the vote will be closed as soon as 6 hours have past and  >7 +1 votes are
received with no -1 vote being cast, or
 - if after 12h >5 +1 votes have been cast with no -1 vote, or
 - if after 24h if 3 +1 votes have been cast with no -1 vote, or failing
that
 - after 72h provided at least 3 +1 votes have been cast and there is a
majority of +1 votes from the cast votes.

My vote, +1

Sub-task

   - [JUDDI-754 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-754>] - update
   ddl files

Bug

   - [JUDDI-587 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-587>] - JUDDI
   incompatible with Hibernate 4.1.x and 4.2.x
   - [JUDDI-699 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-699>] - add
   automatic reauthentication to juddi-client UDDIClerk functions
   - [JUDDI-806 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-806>] -
   refactor service editor, move binding templates to another page
   - [JUDDI-835 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-835>] - .net
   client only works for the home node
   - [JUDDI-836 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-836>] - The
   target namespace of publish v2 endpoint is urn:uddi-org:inquiry_v2
   - [JUDDI-838 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-838>] -
   restore or recreate SCOUT web pages
   - [JUDDI-839 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-839>] -
   uddi-migration tool option preserveOwnership doesn't work
   - [JUDDI-840 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-840>] - Fix
   file authentication
   - [JUDDI-841 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-841>] - save
   entity permissions with undefined keys
   - [JUDDI-843 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-843>] - search
   for tmodel with lang defined returns no results
   - [JUDDI-844 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-844>] - links
   to user/admin guides point to the wrong version
   - [JUDDI-845 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-845>] -
   creating subscription for a specific tmodel throw 'alert criteria
   invaliderror'
   - [JUDDI-846 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-846>] - i18n
   subscription editor error messages
   - [JUDDI-847 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-847>] -
   support signing binding templates
   - [JUDDI-848 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-848>] -
   Publish.SaveBinding throws up when passed an invalid key
   - [JUDDI-850 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-850>] - Filter
   invalid find qualifiers from UDDIv2 Mappers
   - [JUDDI-851 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-851>] - access
   control roles are incorrect for uddiv2 keys
   - [JUDDI-852 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-852>] - find
   binding's ListDescription's count values are always null
   - [JUDDI-855 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-855>] -
   findBinding with a service key defined always returns service not found
   - [JUDDI-857 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-857>] - edit
   subscription page doesn't populate binding key
   - [JUDDI-863 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-863>] - save
   subscription doesn't check subscription key length
   - [JUDDI-864 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-864>] - Deploy
   to wildfly may fail with "SubscriptionCallbackListener may not declare a
   finalize() method"
   - [JUDDI-865 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-865>] -
   subscription listener url is not mapped from clerk.getApiNode
   - [JUDDI-866 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-866>] -
   subscription notifier may fail to send messages under certain conditions
   - [JUDDI-867 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-867>] - clerk
   does not honor methods that specify a node
   - [JUDDI-871 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-871>] - Insert
   empty j3_category_bag
   - [JUDDI-875 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-875>] - mvn
   hibernate3:hbm2ddl fails
   - [JUDDI-878 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-878>] - Fix
   Jboss AS 7.x deployment
   - [JUDDI-883 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-883>] - browse
   business page down won't function repeatedly
   - [JUDDI-884 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-884>] - CSRF
   Potential for juddi-gui/ajax/tmodelsearch.jsp
   - [JUDDI-886 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-886>] - web
   based digital signature applet fails to run due to missing permissions
   attribute
   - [JUDDI-889 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-889>] - fix
   example juddi client config files (undefined xml prefix xsi)
   - [JUDDI-890 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-890>] - when
   saving a config with node/properties defined, the output is concat'd

Improvement

   - [JUDDI-751 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-751>] -
   Refactor Subscription TCK test cases
   - [JUDDI-766 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-766>] - add
   tck tests cases for find qualifiers
   - [JUDDI-808 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-808>] - add
   options to externalize encryption keys
   - [JUDDI-812 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-812>] - add in
   browser help on search page
   - [JUDDI-831 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-831>] - add
   tck tests for juddiv2 endpoints
   - [JUDDI-832 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-832>] - add
   uddiv2 apis to .net client
   - [JUDDI-833 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-833>] -
   modalize all save/failure ajax responses
   - [JUDDI-849 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-849>] -
   resolve issues with address line entry
   - [JUDDI-853 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-853>] -
   subscription callback api only works on the "default" node
   - [JUDDI-868 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-868>] - add
   client names to the error message
   - [JUDDI-869 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-869>] - misc
   formatting revisions
   - [JUDDI-885 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-885>] - when
   deleting a binding, redirect to the parent service's detail pages

New Feature

   - [JUDDI-684 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-684>] -
   juddi-gui add "copy this entity" button
   - [JUDDI-764 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-764>] - Add
   TCK test cases for all sort order and find qualifiers
   - [JUDDI-773 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-773>] - User
   friendly email subscription templates
   - [JUDDI-821 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-821>] - add
   common tmodel instance info buttons to binding editor page
   - [JUDDI-823 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-823>] - create
   a jboss7/eap6 profile with hibernate
   - [JUDDI-856 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-856>] - Add
   support for http and http header based authentication
   - [JUDDI-872 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-872>] - add
   example Value Set Validator project
   - [JUDDI-876 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-876>] -
   Generate database ddl files are part of the build process
   - [JUDDI-879 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-879>] - adding
   to admin console, send test email
   - [JUDDI-887 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-887>] - Add
   ability to log find api requests to disk for analytics
   - [JUDDI-888 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-888>] - add
   support for dynamically adding nodes to the client config file and saving
   the changes

Task

   - [JUDDI-197 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-197>] -
   Implement valuesetCaching API
   - [JUDDI-198 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-198>] -
   Implement valuesetValidation API
   - [JUDDI-695 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-695>] -
   juddi-gui jsp precompile for deployment
   - [JUDDI-707 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-707>] -
   Identify the purpose for UDDIClerk.saveNode(Node n) and a workflow of how
   its used
   - [JUDDI-750 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-750>] - revamp
   the juddi project site to mirror the juddi-gui bootstrap theme
   - [JUDDI-758 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-758>] - update
   cloud instance and add warning banner
   - [JUDDI-859 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-859>] - Switch
   buildbot config to GIT
   - [JUDDI-874 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-874>] -
   refresh dot net proxy code to reflect changes from JUDDI-198

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.2.1

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.
Per the jUDDI release policy, the vote is now closed and it passed with 5+
and 0-, all votes were binding. Looks like we're good to go for 3.2.1

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.2.1

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.2.1