Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2012/10/24 08:18:55 UTC

Re: [OGNL] A new release

2012/3/9 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>:
> I don't think it is necessary when fixing this kind of issues, unless
> you need to heavily change the code, but I don't suspect so ;)
> let me know if I can be helpful in some way - more than just helping
> on fixing issues :P

I have few doubts regarding checkstyle report, there are many issues
related to JavaDocs and some line are too long and so one - I don't
treat them as a big problems (especially with current formatting). But
there are some strange errors like [2] which says:

Name 'INDEXED_PROPERTY_NONE' must match pattern '^[a-z][a-zA-Z0-9]*$'.
Variable 'INDEXED_PROPERTY_NONE' must be private and have accessor methods

where the INDEXED_PROPERTY_NONE is defined as a constant:

public static final int INDEXED_PROPERTY_NONE = 0;

It looks like the checkstyle is configured in wrong way. Is there a
Commons official checkstyle config ? Or am I free to adjust checkstyle
included with OGNL ?

[1] http://commons.apache.org/ognl/checkstyle.html
[2] http://commons.apache.org/ognl/checkstyle.html#org.apache.commons.ognl.OgnlRuntime.java

Regards
--
Łukasz
mobile +48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
Use the mvn site goal.

Benedikt

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OGNL-232

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> wrote:
> 2013/3/26 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:
>> +1, go for it.
>> Now its time to see if our testcases are good.
>
> They are, I made a slight mistake and tests showed that :-)
>
>> I also think we should test it in conjunction with struts.
>
> Not so easy, OGNL 4 is a different beast, but I'll try ;-)

You are not alone mate! :-)

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/3/26 Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>:
> Do you mean this [1] isEvalChain method?
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/ognl/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/ognl/SimpleNode.java

IDEA cheats me ;-) It used wrong version ;-)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.

On 26 March 2013 10:12, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> wrote:
> isEvalChain() method isn't available in OGNL 4

Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/3/26 Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>:
> I thought that it won't be a piece of cake, but we might make it
> easier, for example what about to start a new branch on struts to
> integrate the new version of OGNL? (perhaps this is not the right
> place, or at least the only place, where this discussion should
> happen)

I have noticed one thing: isEvalChain() method isn't available in OGNL 4

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

OGNL-238, unless I am misreading it, is asking for capabilities that do not
exist in Java since the information is lost prior to runtime.

OGNL-145: is there a better primer on the issue besides what is in the ticket? I
would like to work it today/tomorrow.

> 2013/12/30 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> > 2013/12/30 Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>:
> >> There are a lot of formatting chenges between the version
> in git and apache svn.
> >> I am still looking for "patches" in git not yet applied to
> >> subversion, do you know of any?
> >
> > All should be already applied or don't affect Apache's version

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
-                                                               -

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Did some cleanup in JIRA

RE: Apache-Legacy class adapters was RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

One less thing to do then. Thanks.

Re: Apache-Legacy class adapters was RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

The biggest user would be the struts group, that would be a strong reason for it
to be an Apache release.

A second reason for it to be an Apache release is, "why would a project switch
to the OGNL Commons release and then install a non Apache adapter?"

That being said, I would use an adaptor from a third party as long as the
license worked.

<snip/>

-                                                               -

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

RE: Apache-Legacy class adapters was RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Jason,

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Thankfully, they both have patches...

There are a lot of formatting chenges between the version in git and apache svn.
I am still looking for "patches" in git not yet applied to subversion, do you
know of any?

> Regards
> --
> Lukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> 2013/12/25 Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>:

-                                                               -

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
JIRA issue reopened btw as I noticed it was still resolved.

RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

-                                                               -

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.
You've set the issue to status resolved. That's propably the reason why nobody had a look at it.

RE: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Your are welcome, Javin!

have a nice day, all the best,
-Simo

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Javin Paul <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simo, that's very neat.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Javin Paul <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
FYI I've just started a new thread (http://goo.gl/cx1E5) on Struts dev list

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1, go for it.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/3/1 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> to test website it's the usual: mvn clean site (then browse files in
> target/site/)
> to deploy: mvn clean site-deploy.
> and site-content must excluded from rat. Do you want to fix that ? If not I can.

I just moved site-content into target/ folder and that solved the
problem. But feel free to add the exclude, then I will learn something
new :-)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

2013/3/1 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> 2013/3/1 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
>> How can I update ognl website? Simple checkout [1] and update what I
>> need? and then what to do?
>
> I found this [1], but I have one question, how to check locally how
> the site will look like before deploying it? I have the only solution:
>
> mvn clean site
> copy target/site into site-content
>
> is that ok?
>
> [1] http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
How can I update ognl website? Simple checkout [1] and update what I
need? and then what to do?

eg. RAT report is broken as it includes all the html files [2]

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/commons-ognl/
[2] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-ognl/rat-report.html

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27 February 2013 11:19, Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org> wrote:
> Olivier is right: No Release No download link.

I think there should still be a download page, which says that there
is no release yet.

Otherwise one cannot be sure whether the page (and link) are missing
by mistake - as is clear from this thread!

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
to download what ?

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/1/8 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
>> AFAICS you won't be able to release with 27, because of the new svnpub
>> requirement for the site and 28 is not ready yet, waiting for INFRA. See
>> vote thread for commons-email.
>
> Thanks Jörg!

Looks like something changed as ognl build passed on Jenkins ;-)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

Lukasz Lenart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another issue, I've noticed that the parent is defined as 28-SNAPSHOT,
> should it be simple 27 - the latest released version?

AFAICS you won't be able to release with 27, because of the new svnpub
requirement for the site and 28 is not ready yet, waiting for INFRA. See
vote thread for commons-email.

- Jörg

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> Do you know how to exclude some files/directories from the rat-plugin
> scan ? Right now it includes .idea folder in the scan which produces
> mass of errors :\

have not tried yet, but it supports an "exclude" option in the configuration:
http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/1/8 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Another issue, I've noticed that the parent is defined as 28-SNAPSHOT,
>> should it be simple 27 - the latest released version?
>
> Not sure about the differences of these 2, but I think we cannot
> release a stable version with a dependency to a -SNAPSHOT version. I
> think this is also true for parent poms. I also think it should be 27
> stable

Ok, will change that.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
IIRC you should just run mvn site:run

Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse typos and brevity.

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OGNL] A new release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2012/10/24 Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>:
> That's really weird, last time I have seen (and also corrected) a bunch of
> error like this, but they all were more than justified.
>
> I'll try to generate the report and see what happens.

Maybe the website is out of sync ? How to deploy a new version ?

Regards
--
Warszawa JUG conference - Confitura http://confitura.pl/

Re: [OGNL] A new release