Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu> on 2007/05/31 17:42:40 UTC

Commit failing with EOFException

Hi,

I've had this application running before and not sure what has
changed to cause this error. When trying to do a clean update
(removed index dir and restarted solr) with just a <commit/>, Solr is
returning a status 1 with this error at the top:

java.io.EOFException: input contained no data

Does anyone have any idea as to why that's happening? The same thing
occurs when I try to use the post.sh script with a valid xml file.

Thank you!

Matt

Re: Commit failing with EOFException

Posted by Matt Mitchell <mw...@virginia.edu>.
OK figured this out. The short of it is, make sure your schema is
always up to date! : )

The schema did not match the xml docs being posted. And because we
had a previous solr update with those docs, even trying to post/
update a <commit/> was failing because there was already "bad" data
waiting to be committed.

Matt