Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wataru Fukushima <w....@pfu.fujitsu.com> on 2003/03/05 06:55:52 UTC

Which version of Xerces 2 is in Tomcat 4.1.18?

Which version of Xerces 2 is in Tomcat 4.1.18?
How can I figure it out?

Here goes what I did:

I checked release notes but it tells just "Xerces 2."
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.18/RELEASE-NOTES

Then I confirmed the Xerces 2 jars in Tomcat 4.1.18 (xmlParserAPIs.jar and
xercesImpl.jar) and those file sizes are different from both of Xerces 2
2.3.0 and 2.2.1.

And I searched the archive of this mailing list with following keyword(s):
- xerces
- xerces version
- 4.1.18 xerces version
- 4.1.18 xerces2 version
But I found no clue for the question.

I know I can replace those jars to up-to-date version's as long as it is
compatible with the JAXP 1.1 APIs. However, I do not want to put extra jars
if I can to avoid any troublesome things.

Thanks in advance,