Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Brajendra Mishra <br...@persistent.com> on 2018/05/02 07:55:49 UTC

GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Hi Team,
We have found there is only 'GetMongoDB' processor to connect and query to MongoDB in Apache NiFi.
Hence, we this processor does not take any type or input.

Do we have another type to Apache NiFi processor which can take parameters as input (details of MongoDB, query, instance etc.) from other processor?
If not then please suggest when such type of processor can be expected in upcoming release?

Brajendra Mishra
Persistent Systems Ltd.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Sivaprasanna <si...@gmail.com>.
As Bryan mentioned in the actual ‘GetSplunk’ thread, it is not available
but it certainly makes sense to have that feature. If you’re interested in
having that, please raise a Jira at https://issues.apache.org/jira

-
Sivaprasanna

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:26 AM Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As Mike said: incoming relationship has been added for NiFi 1.6.0.
>
> Pierre

> brajendra_mishra@persistent.com
> >:
>
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > I did attach the same in my previous mail. Well reattaching it again.
> > Well error is at GetMongoDB Processor and error text is : "Upstream
> > Connections is invalid because Processor does not allow upstream
> > connections but currently has 1"
> >
> > Brajendra Mishra
> > Persistent Systems Ltd.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Brajendra,

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As Mike said: incoming relationship has been added for NiFi 1.6.0.

Pierre

>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I did attach the same in my previous mail. Well reattaching it again.
> Well error is at GetMongoDB Processor and error text is : "Upstream
> Connections is invalid because Processor does not allow upstream
> connections but currently has 1"
>
> Brajendra Mishra
> Persistent Systems Ltd.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Brajendra,

Looks like the image didn't make it.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 11:36 PM Brajendra Mishra <
brajendra_mishra@persistent.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Here, I have attached missing image attachment.
>

> Brajendra Mishra
>
> Persistent Systems Ltd.

GetMongo can also use the body of a flowfile for the query. That is its new default behavior if you leave the query field blank and have an incoming connection from another processor. That would be a good way to integrate the flow with another application. For example, you could add FetchKafka to the flow and have your applications post messages to Kafka with the queries they want it to run and FetchKafka would send that JSON to GetMongo as it comes in. Or you could build a REST service that writes the JSON to disk and use GetFile to load it. Lots of ways to do this.

wrote:

> Since I'm not so sure about your exact use case, I have just created a
> rough template based on the simple example flow that I had posted
> earlier which is GenerateFlowfile -> UpdateAttribute -> GetMongo. I
> have attached the template here.
>
> -
> Sivaprasanna
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Brajendra Mishra <
> brajendra_mishra@persistent.com<ma...@persistent.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sivaprasanna,
>>
>> Could you please provide me the sample template for the same, where I
>> can pass parameters (and get those parameters' value to process
>> further) to GetMongoDB processor?
>> It would be a great help for us.
>>
>> Brajendra Mishra
>> Persistent Systems Ltd.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Since I'm not so sure about your exact use case, I have just created a
> rough template based on the simple example flow that I had posted
> earlier which is GenerateFlowfile -> UpdateAttribute -> GetMongo. I
> have attached the template here.
>
> -
> Sivaprasanna
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Brajendra Mishra <
> brajendra_mishra@persistent.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sivaprasanna,
>>
>> Could you please provide me the sample template for the same, where I
>> can pass parameters (and get those parameters' value to process
>> further) to GetMongoDB processor?
>> It would be a great help for us.
>>
>> Brajendra Mishra
>> Persistent Systems Ltd.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brajendra Mishra <br...@persistent.com>.
Hi Sivaprasanna,
I have imported template you shared, its showing below error (Upstream connections is invalid) for GetMongo;
Can you please check this if you faced the same this or are you using other version of Apache NiFi. We are using Apache NiFi version 1.5.0.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D3E241.066A55A0]

Thanks
Brajendra Mishra
Persistent Systems Ltd.

On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 1:26 PM, Brajendra Mishra < brajendra_mishra@persistent.com<ma...@persistent.com>> wrote:

> Hi Team,
> We have found there is only 'GetMongoDB' processor to connect and
> query to MongoDB in Apache NiFi.
> Hence, we this processor does not take any type or input.
>
> Do we have another type to Apache NiFi processor which can take
> parameters as input (details of MongoDB, query, instance etc.) from other processor?
> If not then please suggest when such type of processor can be expected
> in upcoming release?
>
> Brajendra Mishra
> Persistent Systems Ltd.
>
> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
> is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
> Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
> infected mails.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Sivaprasanna <si...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 1:26 PM, Brajendra Mishra < brajendra_mishra@persistent.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
> We have found there is only 'GetMongoDB' processor to connect and
> query to MongoDB in Apache NiFi.
> Hence, we this processor does not take any type or input.
>
> Do we have another type to Apache NiFi processor which can take
> parameters as input (details of MongoDB, query, instance etc.) from other processor?
> If not then please suggest when such type of processor can be expected
> in upcoming release?
>
> Brajendra Mishra
> Persistent Systems Ltd.
>
> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
> is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
> Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
> infected mails.

DISCLAIMER

Re: GetMongoDB : How to pass parameters as input to GetMongoDB processor

Posted by Sivaprasanna <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi.