Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by iam iam <ia...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/28 19:55:50 UTC

reg:sending init parameters for a servlet

hi all
  i have servlet which takes all the init parameters
from a specified file

May be i was using the init-param tag in web.xml file
in a wrong way .

below is the way i  configured my servlet in web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>
 trial
  </servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>
            MyServlet
        </servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>foo</param-name>
<param-value>config.ini</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

any suggestions.

thanks

I...

http://invites.yahoo.com/

Re: reg:sending init parameters for a servlet

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@acm.org>.
At 10:55 AM 7/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
>hi all
>   i have servlet which takes all the init parameters
>from a specified file
>
>May be i was using the init-param tag in web.xml file
>in a wrong way .
>
>below is the way i  configured my servlet in web.xml
><servlet>
><servlet-name>
>  trial
>   </servlet-name>
>   <servlet-class>
>             MyServlet
>         </servlet-class>
><init-param>
><param-name>foo</param-name>
><param-value>config.ini</param-value>
></init-param>
></servlet>

Your config file is relative. But what is it relative to? The working
directory of a servlet is the Tomcat /bin directory. Is that where you are
putting your config file?