Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Antonio Ciancio <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 15:10:37 UTC

PACS (Physical Access Control System) with Syncope

Hi all,

I'm Antonio. I'm working on Syncope since two weeks.

The context in which I work is the PACS (Physical Access Control System):

Users have available one or more badges, each badge has an identification
number; they allow to access in a restricted area using card readers. My
system sends a REST request to Syncope with the following parameters: *card_ID,
card_reader_ID, operation*; “operation” indicates the kind of action that
 users need to do (in, out, …).

How can I map these three parameters in Syncope? In particular, How can I
combine the card_ID parameter with the users? My idea is to combine the
token field of the “SyncopeUser” table with the card_ID parameter, can I
costumise it? If I can’t do it, which entity of Syncope can I use to map
the “Card” parameter?

As regard the Syncope response given after the REST request on the basis of
Users needs, which entity can we use to determine this operation ( Role,
Policy…)?

Re: PACS (Physical Access Control System) with Syncope

Posted by Antonio Ciancio <an...@gmail.com>.
I would assign a role (card_reader) to a group of users, for example if i
would allow access to a restricted area to the group "developers". Should i
define a group as a new role, or as role/membership attribute?

Regards

Posted by Antonio Ciancio <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Marco!

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.