Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by sugandhas <su...@cybage.com> on 2000/12/06 07:38:50 UTC

Address sample example

hello,

I got this problem when running my client in the samples.addressbook.Address:Generated fault: Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Client Fault String = deployment
error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class name'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:samples.addressbook.Address .

   In one of the earlier post the solution suggested was, the Address class that implements your web service must be in your classpath.
     i tried even this. any clarification regards this will be welcome.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx & regards
-sugandha

RE: Address sample example

Posted by mpetry <mp...@qwest.net>.
Are you using tomcat?
I fixed this by hardcoding the soap classpath in my tomcat startup file.  By
that I mean I added:

/(tomcat_install_directory)/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes

to the classpaths statments, and of course, in the classes directory I have
my samples directory structure.  (Other info: I have xerces.jar first in my
classpath, and I'm using the soap 2.0 from Apache).

I don't know why I had to do this, as tomcat sets other web application
classpaths correctly when starting up, just not the soap one.  I think there
must be something messed up with my tomcat configuration, not the soap
install. (and yes, I did add a soap <Context> entry to server.xml file -
everything else works for soap, it just doesn't like to find the classes) .

Hope this helps.

Marsha

RE: Address sample example