Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ck...@onebox.com on 2009/04/02 18:14:21 UTC

Is Axis running?

I have the latest version of Geronimo installed. According to answers to a previous question, I have determined that Axis is supplied as part of the standard installation. How can I tell if Axis is actually running, and if it is not, what steps must I take to cause it to start?

Thanks for your consideration.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

Re: Is Axis running?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Apr 2, 2009, at 9:14 AM, cknell@onebox.com wrote:

> I have the latest version of Geronimo installed. According to
> answers to a previous question, I have determined that Axis is
> supplied as part of the standard installation. How can I tell if
> Axis is actually running, and if it is not, what steps must I take
> to cause it to start?

It would be helpful if you described what you are trying to do.

If you deploy a jax-rpc pojo or ejb web service then axis1 will be
started up to help.

If you deploy a jax-ws pojo or ejb web service and have axis2 enabled
rather than cxf (such as if you are using the tomcat server) then
axis2 will be started up to help.

If you want to use a proprietary non-javaee axis2 web service
described by (IIUC) an .aar file then you may have to do something
else, I don't know what.

thanks
david jencks