Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@verizon.net> on 2006/08/25 16:00:55 UTC

New build break

The latest update, that updates a lot of the core/implementation/processors, seems to be breaking a lot if not all of the sca samples. The way I see this is by doing a mvn clean and mvn -e from the top, which breaks while running the tests for the SDO impl, so then I go to sca/core and do mvn -e and then go to samples/sca and do mvn -e. This is where I see various exceptions from processors such as ServiceProcessor and HeuristicPojoProcessor, including NPE, from samples that used to run, such as supply chain and samplecallback.
Any ideas?

Re: New build break

Posted by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com>.
Hi Jim,

  I couldn't reproduce the problem you were seeing.  I created a  standalone app called DateConversionTest.java mimic the SDO impl  without SDO and uploaded it to TUSCANY-579. Can you run it on your env  and let me know the result?

  Thanks.

  Fuhwei

Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> wrote:  Hi Brian,

I ran this about 9PST and again at 4.53PST and received:

testConversionsFromDay
(org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DateConversionTestCase)  Time elapsed:
0.01 sec  <<< FAILURE!

[ stacktrace ]

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: The expected value did not
result when calling toDay after initializing with toDay.
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
 at org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DateConversionTestCase
$Test.executeConversion(DateConversionTestCase.java:167)
 at org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DateConversionTestCase
$Test.attemptConversion(DateConversionTestCase.java:148)
 at
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DateConversionTestCase.testConversionsFromDa
y(DateConversionTestCase.java:200)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

I'm on OS X and JDK:
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-112)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-64, mixed mode, sharing)

This isn't blocking anything I'm working on but I'm happy to help
diagnose the problem.

Jim

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi Brian,

Re: New build break

Posted by Brian Murray <br...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jim,

Re: New build break

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hmm. I just added DateConversionTestCase, which works fine for me. It must
have something to do with the TimeZone it's being run in :-(

I think I'll just disable the test for now. Sorry about that.

Frank.

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Ignacio Silva-Lepe wrote:

> Ok, yes, the recipe is getting more intricate every time, but I got
> the samples to run now. Thanks.

Yea unfortunately it is. I've just launched a new thread on how to
fix this by introducing more modularity. Sorry for all the issues.

Re: New build break

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@verizon.net>.

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Ignacio Silva-Lepe wrote:

> Ok, trying to build the sca tree I get:
>
> Running org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceTestCase
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.06 sec
> Running org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2ReferenceTestCase
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.782 sec <<< FA
> ILURE!
> testInvokeService
> (org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2ReferenceTestCase) Time
> elapsed: 0.772 sec  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axiom/om/util/StAXUtils
>        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.buildOM
> (DescriptionBui
> lder.java:81)
>        at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(AxisConf
> igBuilder.java:63)
>        at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.populateAxisConfiguratio
> n(DeploymentEngine.java:667)
>        at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfigura
> tion(URLBasedAxisConfigurator.java:52)
>        at
> org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurat
> ionContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:61)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.TuscanyAxisConfigurator.getConf
> igurationContext(TuscanyAxisConfigurator.java:40)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2Reference.createServiceClient(A
> xis2Reference.java:98)
>        at org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2Reference.<init>
> (Axis2Reference
> .java:71)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2ReferenceTestCase.createAxis2Re
> ference(Axis2ReferenceTestCase.java:74)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2ReferenceTestCase.testInvokeSer
> vice(Axis2ReferenceTestCase.java:45)

I have that issue as well. It appears to be a problem with the
snapshot versions of Axis and Axiom being out of sync. Apparently we
had to move to snapshot due to issues with Axis/Axiom loading
artifacts using the current context classloader.

> [...]
> [INFO]
> ---
> ---
> [INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA Application Launcher
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO]
> ---
> ---
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/
> hostutil/1.0-SNAPS
> HOT/hostutil-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/
> hostutil/1.0-SNAPS
> HOT/hostutil-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.tuscany:hostutil:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany -
> DartifactId=hostuti
> l \
>          -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.tuscany:launcher:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.tuscany:hostutil:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>  org.apache.tuscany:launcher:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  ibiblio (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.tuscany:hostutil:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany -
> DartifactId=hostuti
> l \
>          -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.tuscany:launcher:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.tuscany:hostutil:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>  org.apache.tuscany:launcher:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  ibiblio (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)
>

> Notice I try this several times but it makes no difference.

You need to build hostutil which is in /java first.

> [...]
> al scope.
>
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-api/
> SNAPSHOT/axiom-a
> pi-SNAPSHOT.pom
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ws-commons/axiom-impl/
> SNAPSHOT/axiom-
> impl-SNAPSHOT.pom
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> [INFO] [compiler:compile]
> Compiling 2 source files to C:\Devt\eclipse-311\eclipse\workspace
> \tuscany\sample
> s\sca\helloworldws\target\classes
> [INFO] [resources:testResources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/
> runtime/webapp-hos
> t/1.0-SNAPSHOT/webapp-host-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/
> runtime/webapp/1.0
> -SNAPSHOT/webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository ibiblio (http://
> www.ibiblio.org
> /maven2)
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.tuscany.runtime:webapp-host:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.runtime -
> DartifactId
> =webapp-host \
>          -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.tuscany.samples.sca:sample-helloworldws:war:
> 1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.tuscany.runtime:webapp-host:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> 2) org.apache.tuscany.runtime:webapp:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.runtime -
> DartifactId
> =webapp \
>          -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.tuscany.samples.sca:sample-helloworldws:war:
> 1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.tuscany.runtime:webapp:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 2 required artifacts are missing.
>
> for artifact:
>  org.apache.tuscany.samples.sca:sample-helloworldws:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT

You also need to build in sca/runtime webapp and web-apphost

Re: New build break

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@verizon.net>.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/runtime/webapp/1.0
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/tuscany/runtime/webapp-hos

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

Re: New build break

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@verizon.net>.
Ok, first, after mvn clean from the top and trying mvn -e from the top, I
get:

 T E S T S
[surefire] Running
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.codegen.BytecodeInterfaceGeneratorTest
Case
[surefire] Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.04 sec
[surefire] Running
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.codegen.JavaInterfaceGeneratorTestCase

[surefire] Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.ChangeSummaryTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.16 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DataTypeBaseTypeTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.03 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DateConversionTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 11, Failures: 9, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.181 sec
<<<<<<
<< FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.DefineTypeTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.18 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.MixedTypeTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.03 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.OpenTypeTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.021 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.SimpleCopyTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.03 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.SimpleDynamicTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.02 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.SimpleEqualityTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.03 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.SubstitutionValuesTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.TypeConversionTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 26, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.07 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.TypeRoundTripTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.XMLDocumentTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.03 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.XMLStreamHelperTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.572 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.XPathTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.05 sec
[surefire] Running org.apache.tuscany.sdo.test.XSDHelperTestCase
[surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.11 sec

when running the tests for building the SDO implementation

Then I do mvn -e from sca/core and from sca/spi and that works. Then I do
mvn -e from samples/sca and I get:

 T E S T S
Running localwire.LocalWireTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.702 sec
<<< FA
ILURE!
testMessage(localwire.LocalWireTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.682 sec  <<<
ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.HeuristicPojoProcess
or.visitEnd(HeuristicPojoProcessor.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.IntrospectionRegistryImpl.intr
ospect(IntrospectionRegistryImpl.java:107)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.java.JavaComponentTypeLoader.l
oadByIntrospection(JavaComponentTypeLoader.java:82)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.java.JavaComponentTypeLoader.l
oad(JavaComponentTypeLoader.java:69)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.java.JavaComponentTypeLoader.l
oad(JavaComponentTypeLoader.java:47)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.loadComponentType(L
oaderRegistryImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.java.JavaImplementationLoader.
load(JavaImplementationLoader.java:57)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistry
Impl.java:92)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.ComponentLoader.loadImplementation(Com
ponentLoader.java:130)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.j
ava:84)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.ComponentLoader.load(ComponentLoader.j
ava:57)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistry
Impl.java:92)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load
(CompositeLoader.java:77)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load
(CompositeLoader.java:52)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistry
Impl.java:92)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistry
Impl.java:109)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTy
peLoader.loadFromSidefile(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:64)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTy
peLoader.load(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:56)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTy
peLoader.load(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:38)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.loadComponentType(L
oaderRegistryImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.load(DeployerImpl.java:
118)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.jav
a:93)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.launcher.LauncherImpl.bootApplication(Launche
rImpl.java:190)
        at org.apache.tuscany.test.SCATestCase.setUp(SCATestCase.java:65)

Re: New build break

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi Ignacio,