Posted to announce@apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@apache.org> on 2011/04/11 14:13:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.8 beta2 released

The Apache POI team is pleased to announce the release of Apache POI
3.8 beta2. Featured are significant performance improvements and
numerous bug fixes.

The Apache POI Project's mission is to create and maintain Java APIs
for manipulating various file formats based upon the Office Open XML
standards (OOXML) and Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format
(OLE2), such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.

For more information on Apache POI, visit the project home page:
http://poi.apache.org/

A full list of changes is available in the change log:
http://poi.apache.org/changes.html.
People interested should also follow the dev mailing list to track
further progress.

See the downloads page for binary and source distributions:
http://poi.apache.org/download.html

Pre-built versions of all POI components are also available in the
central Maven repository under Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version
"3.8-beta2"

For the Apache POI Team,
Yegor Kozlov

Re: Manipulating LARGE files

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 3 May 2011, Dave Irving (Delcam) wrote:
> Up to my neck in code at the moment, but if you send me the pointers to
> what is required, i can download the source and take a look.

http://poi.apache.org/subversion.html should have all you need on getting
the code, and http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html covers contributing
back

Cheers
Nick

Re: Manipulating LARGE files

Posted by "Dave Irving (Delcam)" <da...@delcam.com>.
Hi Nick,

Up to my neck in code at the moment, but if you send me the pointers to what is required, i can download the source
and take a look.

Dave Irving

On 28/04/2011 09:25, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Dave Irving (Delcam) wrote:
>> Is it yet possible to load a single stream from the poifs system, and write it back without having to use the memory based model.
>
> NPOIFS will offer this - it's able to change the contents of a stream where the existing POIFS code can only write new ones.
> However, write support in NPOIFS isn't quite finished yet. If you're interested in helping out, I can give you some pointers on
> what's needed.
>
> Nick

*Dave Irving
*Analyst Programmer
Tel: 0115 714 0951 (Skype In:)
Skype: davidirvingcrispin <skype:davidirvingcrispin?call>
Email: dave.irving@delcam.com <ma...@delcam.com>

*Delcam-Crispin *
Small Heath business Park; Birmingham; B10 0HJ; United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)121 766 5544
Fax: +44 (0)121 766 5511
Web:http://www.delcam-crispin.com/

Re: Manipulating LARGE files

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Manipulating LARGE files

Posted by "Dave Irving (Delcam)" <da...@delcam.com>.
I understand that some work has been done to enhance working with large files., (>300Mb), and reduce
the memory footprint of the libraries.

Is it yet possible to load a single stream from the poifs system, and write it back without having to
use the memory based model.

i.e. there is an event based stream reader, but is there yet an event based writer.

Also, does this allow one to access the property sets via the event mechanism?