Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net> on 2005/01/08 00:33:09 UTC

[ANN] Bookmarker 0.2

Hi,

Over the past few months as I've had time I've been working on a
program that manages bookmarks.  True, the idea is rather simplistic,
but I've found it very useful (since it'll provide the bookmarks as a
Live Bookmarks feed for FireFox).  Furthermore, the project's been a
nice one to get my feet wet with Tapestry and Cayenne.  I didn't
really want to spam the lists with it, but I really think the code
here would be beneficial as an example of how (or how not) to do
things.

The code integrates a lot of little things I've picked up from the
list and should serve as an example to anyone that wants to:

o Use trees (although these have some work to do)
o Embed an HSQLDB instance
o Use Cayenne with Tapestry (particularly, the new XML import/export
stuff I've been working on for Cayenne)
o Use Jetty to start up a local servlet container

And a nice assortment of other things I've picked up here (using the
t-deli collectpages task, using friendly urls, using delegates to
generate meta tags).

Anyway, for those interested, you can check it out at
http://www.negativetwenty.net/projects/bookmarker/.  There's still a
fair amount of work to do, especially interface-wise, since I'm not
much of an artist.  But it works pretty well and the code is available
for any to look at (I've tried hard to keep it pretty
well-documented) and use.

--
Kevin

Re: [ANN] Bookmarker 0.2

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
On Jan 8, 2005, at 5:32 AM, Xi Ping Wang wrote:

> I notice tapestry jars is patched .Isn't it? Where can I get its source
> code. I hope there would be a unofficial or official version of
> Tapestry for
> friendly urls. Everybody loves it.

Sure, these links are from a thread that went on during mid-December if
you want to read about it.  I had put the links up on another domain as
i wrestled with some mod_dav issues, so the links are:

http://www.servprise.com/tapestry-3.0.1.jar
http://www.servprise.com/tapestry-3.0.1-src.tar.gz

I'll move them over to the Bookmarker page to consolidate everything,
but I won't be getting to that for a little while.  So, you can get the
files there for the time being.

--
Kevin

Re: [ANN] Bookmarker 0.2

Posted by Xi Ping Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0500, Kevin Menard
<ni...@negativetwenty.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over the past few months as I've had time I've been working on a
> program that manages bookmarks.  True, the idea is rather simplistic,
> but I've found it very useful (since it'll provide the bookmarks as a
> Live Bookmarks feed for FireFox).  Furthermore, the project's been a
> nice one to get my feet wet with Tapestry and Cayenne.  I didn't
> really want to spam the lists with it, but I really think the code
> here would be beneficial as an example of how (or how not) to do
> things.

Good thing.

> The code integrates a lot of little things I've picked up from the
> list and should serve as an example to anyone that wants to:
>
> o Use trees (although these have some work to do)
> o Embed an HSQLDB instance
> o Use Cayenne with Tapestry (particularly, the new XML import/export
> stuff I've been working on for Cayenne)
> o Use Jetty to start up a local servlet container
>
> And a nice assortment of other things I've picked up here (using the
> t-deli collectpages task, using friendly urls, using delegates to

I notice tapestry jars is patched .Isn't it? Where can I get its source
code. I hope there would be a unofficial or official version of Tapestry for
friendly urls. Everybody loves it.

> generate meta tags).
>
> Anyway, for those interested, you can check it out at
> http://www.negativetwenty.net/projects/bookmarker/.  There's still a
> fair amount of work to do, especially interface-wise, since I'm not
> much of an artist.  But it works pretty well and the code is available
> for any to look at (I've tried hard to keep it pretty
> well-documented) and use.

Best Regards
Xi Ping Wang