Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/08 03:18:56 UTC

Apologies for my previous post

There is A LOT of source code in this thing!

After doing some more digging I found the missing class source files in the
"target/generated-sources/antlr" folders of the two projects having the
problem.

I'm not sure why these were not included in the list of source directories
for them but I was able to add them manually and the compile errors are now
all gone!

I hope no one spent too much time trying to answer my previous query.

--
Richard M Feezel
rfeezel@gmail.com

Re: RADIUS anyone?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Richard,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM, <fe...@gdls.com> wrote:

> I've been talking with some potential users and they've expressed an
> interest in integrating RADIUS with their directory.

We had a few friends working on a MINA based RADIUS server a few years ago.
I think that's what Emmanuel was referring to. Eventually we were going to
integrate it into ApacheDS as another module that plugs into the network
layer as another MINA based network service.

The guys that worked on it created a RADIUS project at safehaus called
ObjectRADIUS. Due to some issues they had with their employer they had to
stop working on the project but the code did come along to some extent.

I did a quick search for RADIUS in the dev list archive and found no
> discussion regarding the posibility of integrating a RADIUS server with ADS.
>  Is there any interest among the developers in supporting RADIUS?

Integrating a MINA based RADIUS server into the mix within ADS is something
we're definitely interested in. Please feel free to investigate this and let
us know how we can help you.

Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: RADIUS anyone?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
  On 9/27/10 6:31 PM, feezelr@gdls.com wrote:
> I've been talking with some potential users and they've expressed an
> interest in integrating RADIUS with their directory.
>
> I did a quick search for RADIUS in the dev list archive and found no
> discussion regarding the posibility of integrating a RADIUS server with
> ADS.  Is there any interest among the developers in supporting RADIUS?
We have had this discussion 3 or 4 years ago. Supporting Radius should
not be that complex, but even if we can easily implement the 2 first A,
the third one (Accounting) is a bit more complex.

However, yes, Radius is definitively something that can enter into the
ADS area.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RADIUS anyone?

Posted by fe...@gdls.com.
I've been talking with some potential users and they've expressed an
interest in integrating RADIUS with their directory.

I did a quick search for RADIUS in the dev list archive and found no
discussion regarding the posibility of integrating a RADIUS server with
ADS.  Is there any interest among the developers in supporting RADIUS?

Thanks,
Richard Feezel

.

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Re: Apologies for my previous post

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Richard,

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Richard Feezel <rf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is A LOT of source code in this thing!
> After doing some more digging I found the missing class source files in the
> "target/generated-sources/antlr" folders of the two projects having the
> problem.
> I'm not sure why these were not included in the list of source directories
> for them but I was able to add them manually and the compile errors are now
> all gone!

Run m2eclipse "Update Project Configuration".

> I hope no one spent too much time trying to answer my previous query.

Too late ;-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan