Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/10/12 04:50:21 UTC

WARNING: files in "rules" to be deleted

This is a heads-up of an impending change that could cause trouble, coming
soon in svn trunk.

Due to the rules project work, the "trunk/rules" directory is now no
longer considered a source tree -- instead it's an output directory for
"compiled" files from "rulesrc" and "rulescode". As such, "make clean"
will (soon-ish) be modified to *delete* files in that directory!

If you have your own ruleset files currently in that dir, you should
create a dir in rulesrc/sandbox/yourname, and copy them there -- or at
least make a backup, ASAP ;) .

--j.

Re[2]: WARNING: files in "rules" to be deleted

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Doc,

DS> I had asked Jason this and he thought I should ask the list.

DS> Also will we (rules project) be getting our own bugzilla? Or, will we
DS> really need that? I currently host the sare list for our own private
DS> rules testing.

I'd say no separate bugzilla.  Simple discussion of rules can be done on the dev list without needing bugzilla, and if something is important enough for a bugzilla entry, it's probably best to have it on the one and only SA bugzilla.

Bob Menschel

Re: WARNING: files in "rules" to be deleted

Posted by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> This is a heads-up of an impending change that could cause trouble, coming
> soon in svn trunk.
>
> Due to the rules project work, the "trunk/rules" directory is now no
> longer considered a source tree -- instead it's an output directory for
> "compiled" files from "rulesrc" and "rulescode". As such, "make clean"
> will (soon-ish) be modified to *delete* files in that directory!
>
> If you have your own ruleset files currently in that dir, you should
> create a dir in rulesrc/sandbox/yourname, and copy them there -- or at
> least make a backup, ASAP ;) .
>
> --j.

I had asked Jason this and he thought I should ask the list.

Also will we (rules project) be getting our own bugzilla? Or, will we
really need that? I currently host the sare list for our own private
rules testing.

Thanks,

-Doc (SARE/URIBL/SURBL/SA -- Ninja)