Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lenny Karpel <lk...@opentext.com> on 2003/08/05 21:30:42 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.6 Service

I have questions about how to specify the version of java/jdk that the
procrun.exe (tomcat.exe) selects.

By default (the Java option set to java) procrun seems to run the java.exe
executable located in the jre installed under the Program Files folder.

If I change the value of the Java key to specify a specific JVM .. for
example C:\jdk1.4.2\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll procrun seems to fail .. ie. the
service does not start.

Sooooo .. my questions are

What is the canonical way to specify that procrun should use the jre version
of java.exe located in the installed jdk ?
What is the canonical way to specify that procrun should use the server
(hotspot) version of the JVM (the -server option)?
Should specifying the jvm.dll work ?

Thanks ..

Lenny