Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ahmed Abualsaud via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/04/28 19:54:54 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.46.0, release candidate #1

@Danny McCormick <da...@google.com> @Reuven Lax
<re...@google.com> sorry
it's been a while since you looked into this, but do you remember if the
fix in #25642 <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/25642> issue is related
to the recent "ALREADY_EXISTS: The offset is within stream, expected
offset..." errors?

Posted by Reuven Lax via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Those particular errors are often expected in the sink due to the protocol
used. If a work item retries before committing (which could happen for many
reasons including worker crashes), it will experience those errors.