Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Brent nye <br...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/27 16:20:10 UTC

Xerces-perl on HP-UX 11

Hi,

Having difficulty getting Xerces-perl installed
successfully on HP-UX.

I am using:
gcc
SWIG1.1p5 (no luck with SWIG1.3a5)

I have "made it" through the
perl Makefile.PL

make ... also looks good .... except Xerces.bs is a
zero length file.  Here is what some make looks like:

gcc -c -I. -INew_classes_perl
-I/pbuild/brentnye/xerces/xerces-c1_3/incl
ude -D_REENTRANT -DPOSIX_THREADS -DHAS_BOOL -DSWIG_1_1
-O     -DVERSION=\"1.3.3\
"  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.3.3\" -fpic
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/PA-RISC1.1/CORE
Xerces.C

Running Mkbootstrap for XML::Xerces ()

 chmod 644 Xerces.bs

LD_RUN_PATH="/pbuild/brentnye/xerces/xerces-c1_3/lib:/lib"
ld -o blib/ar
ch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.sl  -b -L/usr/local/lib
Xerces.o    -L/pbuild/brentnye
/xerces/xerces-c1_3/lib -lxerces-c1_3 -lpthread

The first thing I noticed was that Xerces.bs was a
zero length file, I am a perl rookie, but I says to my
self ... that does not look good.
Any clue why Xerces.bs is zero length?

Now for "make test" (where it blows up):

        PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/contrib/bin/perl
-Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lo
cal/lib/perl5/5.00503/PA-RISC1.1
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503 -e 'use Test::Ha
rness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests
@ARGV;' t/*.t
t/DOMCreate........./usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved
symbol: _vt$16StdInInputSource (
data)  from blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.sl

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __ti12XMLException
(data)  from blib/arch/au
to/XML/Xerces/Xerces.sl

It gives me six quintillion statements about how it
cannot find symbols from
blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.sl.  Why is that, I
ask you?

Here is a modicum of output from chatr on
/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.sl

<-perliskillingmehelp-brentnye-> chatr Xerces.sl

Xerces.sl:

     shared library

     shared library dynamic path search:

     SHLIB_PATH     disabled  second

     mbedded path  disabled  first  Not Defined

     shared library list:

              dynamic
/pbuild/brentnye/xerces/xerces-c1_3/lib/libxerces-c1_3.sl
     dynamic   /usr/lib/libpthread.1

     shared vtable support disabled

I have tried a few permutations with Xerces-c1_4, but
I keep getting same results.

What else can I try?
What other information can I provide that could lead
to a resolution of this problem?

Thanks,

Brent Nye
brentnye@yahoo.com