Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Zahidul Islam <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/25 08:46:56 UTC

different allignment in xsl-body-after region

I am trying to make the footer as follows:

1) at left corner �Chapter 1� will be shown

2) at middle �Page No� will be shown.

3) at right �Created by Zahid� will be shown

that�s why I have written in the xsl file the following:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">

  <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="10pt"

            font-family="Arial, Helvetica, sans">

     <fo:inline font-style="italic" text-align="start">

       Chapter 1

     </fo:inline>

     <fo:inline text-align="centered">

       Page <fo:page-number/>

     </fo:inline>

     <fo:inline text-align="right">

       Created By Zahid

     </fo:inline>

  </fo:block>

</fo:static-content>

(this code is from XML Bible) But I am afraid that all the contents are shown

as if they are one sentence with left column as follows:

Chapter 1Page 1Created By Zahid

How can I solve it?

Pls help me.

S. M. Zahidul Islam
Software Engineer
IECB

Re: dont want to set the height of

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I think you've stumbled over a deficiency of FOP. Roland's suggestion is
still valid, however, and you should give it some thought.

On 26.05.2003 09:11:33 Zahidul Islam wrote:
> i am sorry as i cant explain my situation properly. i have to use more
> <fo:block-container> for fixed point positioning. but i want to fixed
> the 'top', 'left' and 'width' attribute of the <fo:block-container>. the
> 'hieght'  of the container will the hieght of the information it
> contains. for this purpose i didnt set the 'hieght' attribute of the
> <fo:block-container> . unfortunately if i don't set 'hieght' attribute
> then nothing is shown.
> how can i solve it? pls help.
>
> Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au> wrote:
> Just make it higher than you expect the content to be. You are limited
> to the remaining height of the page of course.
>
> This is the simplistic answer. If it doesn't help provide some more
> detail and/or a small example.
>
> Cheers,
> Roland

Jeremias Maerki

RE: dont want to set the height of

Re: different allignment in xsl-body-after region

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Zahidul Islam wrote:
> I am trying to make the footer as follows:
> 1) at left corner “Chapter 1” will be shown
> 2) at middle “Page No” will be shown.
> 3) at right “Created by Zahid” will be shown
>      <fo:inline font-style="italic" text-align="start">

The XML Bible is in error, the text-align property only applies
to block level FOs and has no effect on inline FOs. See:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#text-align

You have to use a table:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
   <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="10pt"
             font-family="Arial, Helvetica, sans">
     <fo:table table-layout="fixed">
       <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
       <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
       <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
       <fo:table-body>
         <fo:table-row>
           <fo:table-cell>
             <fo:block font-style="italic" text-align="start">
                Chapter 1
             </fo:block>
           </fo:table-cell>
           <fo:table-cell>
             <fo:block text-align="centered">
                Page <fo:page-number/>
             </fo:block>
           </fo:table-cell>
           <fo:table-cell>
             <fo:block text-align="right">
               Created By Zahid
             </fo:block>
           </fo:table-cell>
         </fo:table-row>
       </fo:table-body>
     </fo:table>
   </fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

The column width may need some fine tuning.

J.Pietschmann