Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/04/24 11:56:10 UTC

running jetty with eclipse generated code?

H,

Are any people using the run target in eclipse in debug mode to run with the local code, as opposed to the packaged code?

This would seriously reduce my dev-debug-cycle as I am now completely building cloudstack on every code change.
I have not a lot of experience with the use of maven in eclipse. So I can use a pointer.

Thanks,
Daan

Re: running jetty with eclipse generated code?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I agree...I'd love to know how to do what Daan's asking here.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Daan Hoogland <DHoogland@schubergphilis.com

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: running jetty with eclipse generated code?

Posted by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com>.
So basically you are saying; move to unix (or Cygwin) as a dev platform. I guess I forgot to say that half my work is on a windows work station. I am would like eclipse to reload classes on the fly as they are changed.

Thanks for your pointer, though. It is very useful.
Daan Hoogland

> Are any people using the run target in eclipse in debug mode to run
> with the local code, as opposed to the packaged code?

Eclipse will call maven to build jars, even jetty is running inside Eclipse, AFAIK.

> This would seriously reduce my dev-debug-cycle as I am now completely
> building cloudstack on every code change.

If you just want to reduce the build time, only build your local changes, instead of build all the projects:
You can try the following link: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg01459.html

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.