Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Antonio David Perez Morales <ad...@apache.org> on 2016/11/24 12:31:33 UTC

Introducing Myself

Hi PredictionIO devs

My name is Antonio David Perez Morales. I have been working with
PredictionIO during last years in some European projects and I am
interested in contributing and helping in this project.

I met Simon Chan in the last ApacheCon, held in Seville and he asked for
possible contributions for people interested. So, I volunteer to start
helping and contributing on this project.

Some guidance or first things where I could start helping would be of great
help.

I am also committer of some others Apache projects like Apache Stanbol and
Apache ManifoldCF so I know how the Apache community works.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards

Re: Introducing Myself

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Welcome!

The biggest problem I see today is helping older user (since before Apache) get up to speed with a doc on the docs site. I recently tried to explain this in a Github issue and gave up—it was getting too long and confusing. If you’ve used PIO for some time you might be able to help with that. You might document things as you work your way through the new release.

As to code changes, I think the consensus for next steps is to try and make the process of Template workflow simpler and more based on standard tools like SBT and Git for getting and building templates, then some CLI changes to make each phase more stateless. Donald Szeto is the expert in this area. Marcin Ziemińsk has an interesting Jira proposal for refactoring of the commands and already has some code pushed so you might help there too.

There are plenty of interesting ideas for the future. Check out this doc and contribute there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gxHeTHlAOfkuhO_g8DzbX4LOrTlLAtyWOIoi3qeqSc0/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gxHeTHlAOfkuhO_g8DzbX4LOrTlLAtyWOIoi3qeqSc0/edit?usp=sharing>

I’ll invite you to our Slack team too.