Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2009/01/27 18:15:31 UTC

Please update JIRA's with actual code changes

It would be great to include the svn commit message (including the
patch) in the resolution of the JIRA issue. It's just a matter of
cut-n-paste from the email that the svn commit sends out. This helps one
see at a glance which files were changed and the nature of the changes.

Thanks
Shanti

Re: Please update JIRA's with actual code changes

Posted by William Sobel <ws...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
On Jan 27, 2009, at 10:15 AM, Shanti Subramanyam wrote:

> It would be great to include the svn commit message (including the
> patch) in the resolution of the JIRA issue. It's just a matter of
> cut-n-paste from the email that the svn commit sends out. This helps
> one see at a glance which files were changed and the nature of the
> changes.

Will do, I've been putting the commit rev #. I agree this should be
standardized.

Cheers,
- Will Sobel

Re: Please update JIRA's with actual code changes

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
I love it - Isn't that really smart of JIRA ?

Thanks Akara. Okay - let's all ensure that we enter the issue number in
the commit message then.

Shanti

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Akara,

I haven't tried, but if you ping infrastructure at apache dot org,
they can probably tell you what is needed.

Craig

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.
Craig,

Craig L Russell wrote:
> Just a suggestion: you might see if all of the closed JIRA issues have
> the subversion commit notices. Those that don't would be candidates for
> manually adding a comment with the commit (and possibly a link to the
> diff via fisheye).
>
> Craig
>
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Akara Sucharitakul wrote:
>
>> No need. JIRA links that automatically.
>>
>> Try go to issue OLIO-3 using JIRA. Below, you'll see a number of
>> tab-like hyperlinks with these items:
>>
>> All   Comments   Work Log   Change History   Subversion Commits   FishEye
>>
>> Click on Subversion Commits and you'll see the commit message and
>> hyperlinks to the diffs on the commit. All you need to do is to put
>> the issue numbers into the svn commit message. My standard format is
>> "Fix for issue OLIO-3 [, ...]" and then I add further comments to the
>> commit message. Hope this makes you happier.
>>
>> -Akara
>>

>> Shanti Subramanyam wrote:
>>> It would be great to include the svn commit message (including the
>>> patch) in the resolution of the JIRA issue. It's just a matter of
>>> cut-n-paste from the email that the svn commit sends out. This helps
>>> one see at a glance which files were changed and the nature of the
>>> changes.
>>> Thanks

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.