Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by dhavalkapasi <dh...@mercer.com> on 2010/02/04 16:12:49 UTC

RE: ibatis.net & sqlserver2005 & provider not loading

Alberto, I am having the similar issue but am not being able to figure out
the bad configuration.

What configuration did you change in app.config to resolve this issue?
Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Dhaval

RE: ibatis.net & sqlserver2005 & provider not loading

Posted by dhavalkapasi <dh...@mercer.com>.
Alberto,

Thanks for your response. Finally, we found the issue. We were getting the
error because there was a providers.config file in Windows System 32 folder.
Not sure how it got there but IBatis will use the file in Windows System32
folder first if present. Hence it was not looking at the provider.config
file in my application folder. After I deleted the file in System32 folder,
the problem is resolved.

Dhaval

RE: ibatis.net & sqlserver2005 & provider not loading

Posted by "alberto.acevedo" <Al...@us.army.mil>.
Dhaval,

In my app.config I commented out the appSettings, configSections, iBatis
tags. The only tag I'm using is the connectionString tag. I think some of
these tags were outdated or incorrectly set for the version of ibatis I'm
using.

Make sure you have the correct build action for your configuration files
like the providers.config. In my case I have the providers.config set to
embedded resource. Most of the time the problem with the iBatis
configuration is the buid action.

I hope these  hints fix your problem. If not , send my a reply and I will
help you out.

Regards,

Alberto Acevedo