Posted to users@ws.apache.org by mith86 <mi...@spanservices.com> on 2011/01/05 12:52:27 UTC

Error using xml-rpc

Hi, I'm trying to connect a java client with a perl server using xml-rpc ..
I'm using the code provided at this link -
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2004/jw-1011-xmlrpc.html?page=1

I'm using the same code, haven't made any changes apart from the server url.
While trying to run the client, I'm getting the following error -

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Error decoding XML-RPC response
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:78)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:72)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:193)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:184)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:177)
	at XmlRpcClientExample.say_hello(XmlRpcClientExample.java:16)
	at XmlRpcClientExample.main(XmlRpcClientExample.java:46)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Error decoding XML-RPC
exception response
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:109)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:69)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Client"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:102)
	... 7 more

Could anyone tell me why that is? Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Error using xml-rpc

Posted by mith86 <mi...@spanservices.com>.
I tried using tcpmon to see the request and response messages being sent. The
request message seems fine. But I'm getting the following response message-

<?xml version="1.0"
failed during request deserialization:
no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at C:/Program
Files/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/vendor/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187

Any idea how to solve this? Help!

Re: Error using xml-rpc

Posted by mith86 <mi...@spanservices.com>.
Is there any way I can verify or correct this? I tried using wireshark, but

Re: Error using xml-rpc

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.