Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net> on 2012/08/20 16:17:34 UTC

twitter questions

I went to update the twitter feed and saw these questions in case
anyone wants to answer these:

@Nick_Craver
@LuceneDotNet - is anyone already working on a NIOFSDirectory port?
Unless I misunderstand, it would be a huge boost to our SSD
environment'

@intelligibabble
would love it if some #lucene or @LuceneDotNet gurus took a look at my
SO question stackoverflow.com/questions/1135…
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11354455/using-lucene-net-thread-safe-from-asp-net-web-application

Re: twitter questions

Posted by "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>.
Some useful links for those that want to find unanswered questions about Lucene.NET<http://Lucene.NET> on Stack Overflow:

Newest unclosed, unanswered tagged [lucene.net<http://lucene.net/>]:http://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=%5blucene.net%5d%20closed%3a0%20answers%3a0

Newest unclosed, unanswered tagged [lucene] & [.net]:http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=%5Blucene%5D+%5B.net%5D+closed%3A0+answers%3A0<http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=%5Blucene%5D+%5B.net%5D+closed%3A0+answers%3A0&submit=search>

Newest unclosed, unanswered tagged [lucene] & [c#]:http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=%5Blucene%5D+%5Bc%23%5D+closed%3A0+answers%3A0

On Aug 20, 2012, at 10:47 AM, "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>> wrote:

Answered:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/12039811/50776

On Aug 20, 2012, at 10:42 AM, "Michael Herndon" <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>> wrote:

Thanks Nicholas for having a look at the SO question. Anyone know
about the NIOFSDirectory off the top of their head?

Cheers,
Michael

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
<ca...@caspershouse.com>> wrote:
I've also found the question on SO, I'll give it a shot later today.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.
You can get RSS feeds if that would help folks. It isn't linked into
the profile page but rather now considered part of the API output. Ie,
you want mentions of @LuceneDotNet in an atom format? Sure, go hit
http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=@LuceneDotNet

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Michael Herndon

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
@wyatt,

Part of the problem was that notifications were just set to "by people
I follow" vs "by anyone" so that is now fixed.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
I sent off the TL;DR portion of your answer with a permalink to the
actual response on the archive. Thanks Christopher.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.

RE: twitter questions

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>.
Twitter doesn't support RSS feeds of tweets anymore.

However, you can use the API to poll (or get tweets streamed to you) and then do whatever you want to them.

However, I think that given the nature of twitter, you should consider whether or not the tweets are forwarded to the developer account.  It might be easier to have someone (or a few) just monitor the account regularly.

- Nick

RE: twitter questions

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>.
Answered:

Re: twitter questions

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>.

Re: twitter questions

Posted by "Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <ca...@caspershouse.com>.
You probably want to address it for Nick Craver, he's a developer for Stack Exchange and they'd use it on the site to improve performance (I'm a diamond mod on Stack Overflow).

They could probably be convinced to do another blog post indicating "search x% less sucky" because of the perf boost (they title their search blog posts like that).

Regardless it would be good exposure for the project.

- Nick