Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "PINA CORONADO, RAFAEL" <ra...@carm.es> on 2012/03/22 13:38:02 UTC

problems with search in solr

Good morning:
I have problems with the results obtained Solr search string (eg caso). Me back records with similar terms (in this example would return the same as if looking casa).
The 1.4.1 version of Solr is
The definition of type text in the file schema.xml is:

<fieldtype name="text" class="solr.TextField">

  <analyzer>

    <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>

    <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory" mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>

    <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"/>

    <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>

  </analyzer>

</fieldtype>

Could you tell if an error in the configuration and how to solve it.

thanks

=================================

Rafael Pina Coronado

Servicio de Informática.

Archivo General de la Región de Murcia

Email: Rafael.Pina@carm.es <ma...@carm.es>

==================================

Re: problems with search in solr

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
Or if you still want to have stemming, you could use a Spanish stemmer,
like:

<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="Spanish"/>
or
<filter class="solr.SpanishLightStemFilterFactory"/>

Tomás

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!

The probable cause is the use of solr.PorterStemFilterFactory. You can check it using the Solr admin or by removing that filter and reindexing your data.

 Rafał Kuć