Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thom May <th...@amxnetwork.com> on 2001/03/22 19:59:54 UTC

VHosting

Folks,
has anything happened with vhost support with mod_jk/apache 1.3 in 3.3?
I've not had a chance to look recently and I really need it...
ta,
-Thom, stuck in wet and miserable london for the next 3 weeks

Re: VHosting

Posted by Thom May <th...@amxnetwork.com>.
Dan,
STAR! :-)
Thanks to you and henri for making this kick ass!
cheers,
-Thom, making note to liberally distribute beer to both of you if he gets
the chance

Re: VHosting

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
Thom,

There was  vigorous back and forth about this on the mailing list a few
weeks back -- I'll paste in the final message in the thread -- you could
also take a look in the archives for more details.  This is from Henri:

-Dan

The correct config for mod_jk is :

in httpd.conf :

JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile       /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
# set it to error since warn just load to many apache
JkLogLevel      error

for virtuals

<VirtualHost host1.com:80>

DocumentRoot    "/home/httpd/host1/html"

<Directory "/home/httpd/host1/html">
    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

ServerName              host1.com
ServerAdmin     webmaster@host1.com

ErrorLog                /home/httpd/host1/var/log/httpd/error_log
TransferLog     /home/httpd/host1/var/log/httpd/access_log

JkMount /app1/servlet/* workerhost1
JkMount /app1/*.jsp workerhost1

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost host1.com:443>

DocumentRoot    "/home/httpd/host1/htmls"

<Directory "/home/httpd/host1/htmls">
    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /usage/ "/home/httpd/host1/usage/"

<Directory "/home/httpd/host1/usage">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

ServerName              host1.com
ServerAdmin     webmaster@host1.com

ErrorLog                /home/httpd/host1/var/log/httpd/error_log
TransferLog     /home/httpd/host1/var/log/httpd/access_log

SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile
/home/httpd/host1/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/host1.com-server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile
/home/httpd/host1/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/host1.com-server.key

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
        SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

<Directory "/home/httpd/cgi-bin">
        SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
CustomLog /home/httpd/host1/var/log/httpd/ssl_request_log "%t %h
%{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

JkMount /secureapp1/servlet/* workerhost1
JkMount /secureapp1/*.jsp workerhost1

</VirtualHost>

Note the way to use SSL in this case to use secureapp1 webapp ;-)

--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net