Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nathan Bowyer <nb...@seredan.com> on 2017/01/10 16:25:52 UTC

Stratostack Billing Portal

Hello everyone,

I am the primary author of the Stratostack billing portal system (stratostack.org<http://stratostack.org> / github.com/1stel/stratostack-portal<http://github.com/1stel/stratostack-portal>).  Recently I've been looking at restarting active development of the project, but I wanted some community feedback on the project.  Is this project, or what the project could be, useful to the community?  Is it something you want and are interested in?

Stratostack was originally designed to also support a reseller model of IaaS services.  That is, a Cloud Provider could turn up the part of Stratostack that generates usable billing records, and then another entity could turn up the portal side and sell those services at some markup.  Is that model even viable and worth continuing to support?  Several of the design decisions about the project were heavily influenced by this decision.

Last, if you have any questions about the project I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

Nathan

Re: Stratostack Billing Portal

Posted by Nathan Bowyer <nb...@seredan.com>.
It does have a US centric view (TaxCloud).  I didn't see too many other decent tax-calculating services though, and its a pretty complex issue to handle internally.  Is the problem Taxcloud itself, or that Stratostack doesn't handle taxing cases outside the US?

The first thing I would look at doing is adding Stripe and possibly Paypal.  Stripe would also pick up Bitcoin payments.

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello Nathan,

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.