Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2011/06/21 01:46:35 UTC

Re: Solution about merging PsychoPath with Xalan to get XSLT 2.0 features

Gui & Victor,

OKay,  I will try to review the PsychoPath-Java development and Xalan-Java
architecture to get ideas on how to integrate the XPath2 and XSLT2
functionality into Xalan-C/C++.

I already have an extensive set of notes on the XALAN-C and XERCES-C
libraries.

I have a set of files to create an interactive Xalan-C/C++ API Programmer
Reference using current releases of doxygen (http://www.doxygen.org) and
graphViz (http://www.graphviz.org) programs.  The configuration files are
reported on JIRA XALANC-711.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-711

You may get and edit these files to assist your code review and
architecture studies in the Java realm.

The doxygen program is known to work with Java sources.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Thank you for your useful info~

2011/6/21 David Carver <d_...@yahoo.com>

> The biggest thing you'll need to implement besides the new Parser language
> for XPath 2 is the function library.

> There are over 100 functions and a handful of operations.
>
> The good thing is that the XSLT workingroup had created a Test suite, that
> you can run processors against for XPath2/XQuery verification. We did this
> with PsychoPath and without it, it would have been a LOT harder road to make
> it conformance to the test suite. I suggest you check it out as regardless
> it will help with conformance testing.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/xquery-**test-suite/**PublicPagesStagingArea/<http://dev.w3.org/2006/xquery-test-suite/PublicPagesStagingArea/>
>

> On 06/20/2011 07:46 PM, shathawa@e-z.net wrote:
>
>> Gui&  Victor,
>>
>> OKay,  I will try to review the PsychoPath-Java development and Xalan-Java
>> architecture to get ideas on how to integrate the XPath2 and XSLT2
>> functionality into Xalan-C/C++.
>>
>> I already have an extensive set of notes on the XALAN-C and XERCES-C
>> libraries.
>>
>> I have a set of files to create an interactive Xalan-C/C++ API Programmer
>> Reference using current releases of doxygen (http://www.doxygen.org) and
>> graphViz (http://www.graphviz.org) programs.  The configuration files are
>> reported on JIRA XALANC-711.
>>
>>   https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/XALANC-711<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-711>
>>
>> You may get and edit these files to assist your code review and
>> architecture studies in the Java realm.
>>
>> The doxygen program is known to work with Java sources.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Steven J. Hathaway
>>

>>  Hi Jesper,
>>>
>>> Victor Wang is the GSoC student, i have talked to him, he said that he
>>> will
>>> try to read Bilrost's source code and find a way to merge his job and the
>>> project. But GSoC gives him just more than 3 months, i think may be he
>>> does
>>> not have so much time to finished the project merging job. In fact, he is
>>> busy with Xalan and PsychoPath things
>>>
>>> 2011/6/18 Jesper Steen Møller<je...@selskabet.org>
>>>
>>>  Hi æ¡‚è®­é¾™,

>>> --
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Gui Xun Long (æ¡‚è®­é¾™)

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Re: Solution about merging PsychoPath with Xalan to get XSLT 2.0 features

Posted by David Carver <d_...@yahoo.com>.