Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andrew n marshall <An...@mail.com> on 2008/04/02 01:05:09 UTC

Re: NetBeans target "run" to .bat file (solved)

James Abley wrote:
> Why? You have a working ANT build file. Why can't you install ANT
> where required? Maybe you could provide a batch file that checks for
> the existence of ANT and installs it as required?
Not to be facetious, but do you require ant for your project's
distributions?

> Otherwise, I'd suggest just using your shell (cmd.exe) to build up the correct classpath, and then create a batch file from that.

Well, yes, this was an attempt in that direction.  It still confuses
me.  It complains about a missing javax/vecmath/Tuple3f.class, but I've
put the vecmath.jar right there in the -classpath argument.  I've
verified the vecmath.jar path, and that it contains said .class file.
So I remain very confused why I might be getting this error in this
batch file, but not via "ant run".

Irk...  Nevermind.  I just made some changes, making the paths in the
classpath relative, and its working now.  I can't explain it.  Not sure
why the absolute paths failed from the batch file.

Thanks anyways.

Anm