Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Kajdas, Shirley [WHQKT]" <sb...@united.com> on 2006/09/15 17:13:58 UTC

FW: make aborts on ne_socket.c

I'm looking for some guidance to fix an error coming up when I run make.
I'm using the tarball from subversion.tigris.org for subversion version
1.3.2.  Trying to install it on HPUX 11.11.  Ran the standard
configuration described in Section II. A. in the INSTALL file, i.e.,
./configure, make, make install (well, didn't get that far yet).

I found a similar error in the users message board relating to this
issue, but I'm unable to determine where to insert the line below to get
make to complete:

CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED"

Reference:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=48222

Have a few questions.

Should I be editing the configure program in the subversion-1.3.2
directory or the one in the neon directory below that?

There are several declarations for CFLAGS in the configure program.  I
appended the line right after this line:  CFLAGS="-g -O2" since I see
those parameters in the standard output.  Should the line be replaced or
was appending it in that location the correct thing to do?  If it
belongs elsewhere, please direct me to its proper location.  The change
I made did not resolve the problem.

Appreciate any assistance.

RE:: make aborts on ne_socket.c

Posted by "Kajdas, Shirley [WHQKT]" <sb...@united.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I decided to make the same change to the
configure program in the neon directory, fired it up and went for a
walk.  Upon my return, make had made it past the ne_socket.c point much
to my delight.  Continuing on with make install.
   > make CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED"
   > make install

RE: FW: make aborts on ne_socket.c

Posted by Ch...@qimonda.com.