Posted to users@camel.apache.org by raffi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/27 16:51:13 UTC

Camel JMS, what is a "task" in maxMessagesPerTask?

While not explicitly mentioned in Camel JMS docs, I'm assuming "task" is a
thread, so *maxMessagesPerTask=5* limits the number of messages on which a
thread can operate; is that correct?

Re: Camel JMS, what is a "task" in maxMessagesPerTask?

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
No - it's not tied to commitsize - it's for scaling up/down the
threadpool / how long to keep threads sticking around for processing:
http://docs.spring.io/autorepo/docs/spring-framework/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/jms/listener/DefaultMessageListenerContainer.html#setMaxMessagesPerTask(int)
http://bsnyderblog.blogspot.no/2010/05/tuning-jms-message-consumption-in.html

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

RE: Camel JMS, what is a "task" in maxMessagesPerTask?

Posted by "Vanshul.Chawla" <Va...@target.com>.

Posted by raffi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ahh, ok, thanks Claus.

Re: Camel JMS, what is a "task" in maxMessagesPerTask?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Its a spring jms option, so you can find more details what it mean at spring jms

you can google for
spring jms maxMessagesPerTask

and find it in their docs somewhere

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM, raffi <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While not explicitly mentioned in Camel JMS docs, I'm assuming "task" is a
> thread, so *maxMessagesPerTask=5* limits the number of messages on which a
> thread can operate; is that correct?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus