Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "hsy541@gmail.com" <hs...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/30 21:55:29 UTC

Is 0.9 new consumer API compatible with 0.8.x.x broker

Is 0.9 new consumer API compatible with 0.8.x.x broker

Re: Is 0.9 new consumer API compatible with 0.8.x.x broker

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Siyuan,

In general 0.9 new consumer API relies on the group coordinator on the
broker side to manage consumer groups, so you would need to upgrade the
brokers first.

However if you are only using the assign() function to assign partitions,
i.e. no subscribe() which will not need the group coordinator, the consumer
should work with an older broker version.

Guozhang

Posted by "Wang, Howard" <Ho...@washpost.com>.
Thanks.