Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alex r <al...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/03 23:57:33 UTC

tomcat problem with struts *.do and /do/*

hi, i'm using tomcat 4.0.4 and struts 1.0.2 and have a problem with my
mapping configuration file (struts-config.xml).
in an action mapping such as:
    <action    path="/travel"
               type="com.jazzdup.arak.user.TravelAction"
              scope="request">
      <forward name="failure"              path="/logon.do"/>
      <forward name="success"              path="/travel.jsp"/>
    </action>
the path to *.jsp works fine but on trying to follow the path to /logon.do,
i get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path failure2 does not start with a "/"
character
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getRequestDispatcher(Application
Context.java:572)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade.getRequestDispatcher(Appli
cationContextFacade.java:174)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
va:1751)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
 at
FilterChain.java:247)
 at
ain.java:193)
 at
va:260)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
va:191)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2349)
 at
), etc, etc...

now, changing *.do to /do/* (ie/ change /logon.do to /do/logon with the
corresponding change in the web.xml file) works fine for normal links but
when trying to forward does NOT work.

does this work with the standalone tomcat 4.0.4? i'm using the jwsdp.
i've found hardly any info on this - the references i did find were
broken/didn't give much info at all so does anyone have any more information
on this?
or can someone suggest a decent workaround?
the only information that i've been able to glean has been that there's a
known bug in the jasper compiler and that changing it to /do/* should
work... but it doesn't
thanks,
aL.

Re: tomcat problem with struts *.do and /do/*

Posted by skraaatch <sk...@thenumnum.net>.
PLEASE IGNORE THAT LAST POST. PROBLEM SOLVED.
DUH! I'M SO BLIND, I THINK IT'S TIME TO CHANGE MY GLASSES... <backing out
sheepishly.../>
but hey, if someone out there can work out the answer (not just because
they've seen the bug before) and they're in london i'll happily buy them a
beer. and ask for some debugging advice ;-)
(hint - i was barking up the wrong tree and you probably would need more
info than i posted to solve it...)

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>