Posted to user@hive.apache.org by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/15 15:14:20 UTC

Any pre-built Hive AMI

Wondering if there is a pre-built working AMI containing Hive+Hadoop.
Cloudera's AMI installs the packages, and hence need some additional
startup scripts, which I am trying to avoid.

Re: Any pre-built Hive AMI

Posted by zaki rahaman <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prasen,

Is there a reason you want to avoid startup scripts? From my understanding,
even if the Hadoop and Hive packages are installed on an AMI, you will need
some way of starting the processes on each machine and also mapping the your
clusters' network info (machine IPs and ports) to the configuration files. I
don't see how you plan on doing this without some kind of startup script
setup?

--
Zaki Rahaman

Re: Any pre-built Hive AMI

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pm...@quattrowireless.com>.
Sorry my bad. I had just "AWS..="  , once I exported those variables,
they work fine now.

-Prasen

Re: Any pre-built Hive AMI

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pm...@quattrowireless.com>.