Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2018/09/20 17:18:39 UTC

I disabled CDN (CloudFlare) on my sa-update.bitwell.fi

As it has been disabled for so long and the problem may be in my CDN setup I now disabled it and the connection is direct. My Bandwidth limit should just cover the need and we should be OK now.

Please test it and if looks good please set it enabled in MIRRORED.BY. I follow this forum only casually, so if there is something that I should know please send to my @ directly.

br. jarif

Re: I disabled CDN (CloudFlare) on my sa-update.bitwell.fi

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

> Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> kirjoitti 22.9.2018 kello 22.15:
>

>> Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> kirjoitti 22.9.2018 kello 14.34:
>>
>> On 9/20/18 12:18 PM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>>> As it has been disabled for so long and the problem may be in my CDN setup I now disabled it and the connection is direct. My Bandwidth limit should just cover the need and we should be OK now.
>>> Please test it and if looks good please set it enabled in MIRRORED.BY. I follow this forum only casually, so if there is something that I should know please send to my @ directly.
>>> br. jarif
>>
>> Your mirror has been enabled again at a weight of 5 (was a 10) so that "should" lower the hits and bandwidth a little.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Thanks.
>
> br. jarif

It should be possible to raise that to where it was, I see.

Database updated: Sat Dec 22 11:10:34 2018

   eth0 since 05/22/16

          rx:  169.47 GiB      tx:  28.56 GiB      total:  198.03 GiB

   monthly
                     rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
     ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
       Nov '18      6.51 GiB |    1.08 GiB |    7.59 GiB |   24.57 kbit/s
       Dec '18      7.26 GiB |    1.30 GiB |    8.56 GiB |   38.70 kbit/s
     ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
     estimated     10.49 GiB |    1.87 GiB |   12.35 GiB |

   daily
                     rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
     yesterday      1.28 GiB |  102.60 MiB |    1.38 GiB |  134.08 kbit/s
         today    112.49 MiB |   22.66 MiB |  135.15 MiB |   27.52 kbit/s
     estimated       240 MiB |      47 MiB |     287 MiB |

I have 2 TB capacity per month. After that the bandwitg will be lowered to 10Mbit/s and my other purposes can cope even with that! :D

My servers are quite calm nowadays. Only email and some static http servings behind CloudFlare (sa-ruleqa not cached though).

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.