Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Reza Bagherian <re...@crossworlds.com> on 2001/05/01 21:47:44 UTC

JDK compatibility

Is Xerces 1.3 compatible with JDK 1.3 ?
I have been using it with JDK 1.2.2 and it works fine. We are moving to JDK
1.3, and I was wondering if it is compatible.

BTW, I looked at the documentation and did not find the list of compatible
JDKs.

Best, Reza

Re: JDK compatibility

Posted by Nick Makris <Ni...@eurodyn.com>.
Dont worry, it's OK. I 've tested it for quite some time
Posted by Robert Finneran <ro...@digitalskyscrapers.com>.
Yes. I'm using Xerces 1.3.1 with Sun JDK 1.3.1 - beta. There is a newer
version of the JDK 1.3.1 (Release candidate) but the beta has worked fine
for me. The reason I'm using JDK 1.3.1 beta instead of the released 1.3.0 is
that there was a big problem running Java applications (like Tomcat, JRun,
etc.) as an NT service. I'm happy to report that these problems were
resolved with the JDK 1.3.1 version.

Regards,
Rob