Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Peeyush Bishnoi <pe...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/02/25 13:11:23 UTC

HBase Shell Error

Hello ,

I got following error while contacing the HBase Shell from gateway
machine.
My HMaster server is running on hbase2 machine and I am querying the
HMaster from hbasegw machine i.e gateway machine. But while running the
shell command it throws this error.

-sh-3.00$ $HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase shell --master:hbase2:6000
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed
instantiation of
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.formatter.AsciiTableFormatter
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.shell.TableFormatterFactory.<init>(TableFormatterFactory.java:72)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Shell.main(Shell.java:82)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.formatter.AsciiTableFormatter cannot be cast
to org.apache.hadoop.hbase.shell.TableFormatter
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.shell.TableFormatterFactory.<init>(TableFormatterFactory.java:70)
        ... 1 more
-sh-3.00$

---
Peeyush Bishnoi

Re: HBase Shell Error

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Peeyush Bishnoi wrote:
> Yes St. Ack . It is working perfectly fine on hbase2 . Also hbase and
> java version are same on hbasegw and on hbase2 .

There must be something that is different between the two machines.
You're better positioned than I at figuring what it is.  Can you try on
a third machine?
St.Ack

Re: HBase Shell Error

Posted by Peeyush Bishnoi <pe...@yahoo-inc.com>.