Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Clarence Dang <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/15 06:31:33 UTC

Re: svn update -N breaks working copy? (At least a little bit)

Hi,

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2003-11/0097.shtml:
> Imagine your a with your shell in a folder in your beloved working copy.
>
> ls results in:
> file folder1 folder2
>
> Now you do:
> svn update
> rm -rf folder1/
> svn update -N
> svn update -N
> svn update
>
> What do you expect to happen after last svn update?
> Well I expected to get back folder1, but nope it is not coming back!

I've just run into this with KDE's SVN Server and FC4's SVN client 1.1.4.  How
do I get around this without rechecking out?  The thread I refer to does not
appear to present a solution.

Thanks,
Clarence
(Please CC me on replies)