Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 23:03:30 UTC

Java Pre/PostProcessor ?

Hello,
I am wondering if there is an implementation of a Java Post / Pre processor
in JMeter.
What I would like would be this:

   - User would implement interface DelegatePreProcessor
   or DelegatePreProcessor and package them in a JAR
   - A Visual Component like BeanShell PostProcessor that proposes a select
   box of all Implementation of DelegatePreProcessor / DelegatePreProcessor
   that it would build by Discovering these

I would like a Java implementation for performance reasons compared to
BeanShell or JSR (Groovy).

Thank you for your answers.
Regards
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Java Pre/PostProcessor ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 September 2011 22:14, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for answer.
> Yes but what If I want to control when PostProcessor runs?
> If I just drop one, I don't have GUI component to control the place in the
> treeview , so does this mean I have to create a GUI for it ?

Yes, you need to create a GUI, but that's fairly easy using the TestBean method.

> If so that's why  I wanted to do what I described, If not I would be very
> interested by the solution.

If all the GUI has to do is call a method in your jar then it would be
easy to adapt one of the existing GUIs.

Re: Java Pre/PostProcessor ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for answer.
Yes but what If I want to control when PostProcessor runs?
If I just drop one, I don't have GUI component to control the place in the
treeview , so does this mean I have to create a GUI for it ?

If so that's why  I wanted to do what I described, If not I would be very
interested by the solution.
Thanks
Regards
Philippe

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 September 2011 22:03, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am wondering if there is an implementation of a Java Post / Pre
> processor
> > in JMeter.
> > What I would like would be this:
> >
> >   - User would implement interface DelegatePreProcessor
> >   or DelegatePreProcessor and package them in a JAR
> >   - A Visual Component like BeanShell PostProcessor that proposes a
> select
> >   box of all Implementation of DelegatePreProcessor /
> DelegatePreProcessor
> >   that it would build by Discovering these
> >

> > I would like a Java implementation for performance reasons compared to
> > BeanShell or JSR (Groovy).
>
> In that case, just implement your own PreProcessor or PostProcessor
> and drop it in lib/ext.
>
> JMeter already discovers all its test elements that way; there's no
> need for extra delegates.
>
> > Thank you for your answers.
> > Regards
> > Philippe Mouawad.