Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by MartiN Beneš <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 12:33:43 UTC

java qmf library in maven repository

There is a nice and working qmf client library in the qpid svn at
trunk/qpid/tools/src/java

Is there any chance the library will get packaged and distributed through
the official maven repository?

martin

Re: java qmf library in maven repository

Posted by MartiN Beneš <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fraser,
yes, we are using your library without any problem.

I started using maven about a month ago, but from what I see around me,
maven is currently the de facto standard for building java applications and
resolving their dependencies.
It's configuration looks messy at the first, but is mostly straightforward,
once you learn the basic workflow.

Maven configuration files are named pom.xml and you can find many of them
in the qpid java sources. It is usually one pom.xml per target(jar). Plus
there is usually some parent pom.xml for common configuration of a project.

You can try to create a pom.xml file in your library's directory
trunk/qpid/tools/src/java :
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
  <artifactId>qmf2</artifactId>
  <version>0.24</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
      <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
      <version>0.24</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-jms_1.1_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.1</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

This is it. It defines two dependencies: qpid-client and
org.apache.geronimo.specs which will be automatically downloaded from the
repository:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.qpid/qpid-client/0.24
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-jms_1.1_spec

Now, if you run command $ mvn package
maven should download dependencies, compile whatever it finds in
./src/main/java and produce a qmf2.jar file in directory ./target

Apache qpid project obviously has some way to distribute its release jars.
You can see those packages here:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.qpid

And it would ease my work if your library was distributed along with them.
I would only have to add:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
      <artifactId>qmf2</artifactId>
      <version>0.24</version>
    </dependency>

to my project's pom.xml

Whoever is responsible for other qpid poms would probably easily be able to
extend my example pom.xml and incorporate it to apache qpid release
workflow.

regards,
martin

Posted by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk>.