Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sushil jain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/10 07:28:47 UTC

Versioning

Hello Everyone,

I am a Solr beginner.

I just want to know if versioning of data is possible in Solr, if yes then
please share the procedure.

Thanks & Regards,
Sushil Jain

Re: Versioning

Posted by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>.
Depends on exactly what you mean by "versioning". But if you mean that
every document in Solr gets a version-number which is increased every
time the document is updated, all you need to do is to add a _version_
field in you schema: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Required_Config
Believe you will get optimistic locking out-of-the-box if you do this
(you will also need the updateLog configured in solrconfig.xml). Or else
you can take my patch for SOLR-3178 and have optimistic locking work as
described on:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Per%20Steffensen/Update%20semantics

Regards, Per Steffensen